- The only exception to the deadline in Arizona law was if votes were missing.
- A GOP official in another county had backed down from a similar threat while citing how he would be arrested.
- The supervisors struggled to find lawyers to defend themselves against civil legal action.
- A Republican former Maricopa County attorney quickly called for a criminal investigation.
- The losing Republican gubernatorial candidate, Kari Lake, responded by effectively encouraging such officials to flout the law. “We need people with courage to say, ‘Class what felony? Go ahead, go for it, arrest me,’ ” Lake said.
‘Fake elector’ charges show how Trump’s allies played with fire
Read the full article here